Sunday, August 16, 2015

Todo es Posible

With increasingly seriousness, I'm considering of returning to Peru this November to try a proof of concept of living in a location out of the States while running my lighting design operation.

Meet Peru, a country with a landscape as eclectic as California, and a land area slightingly larger than about California, Oregon, Washington and Nevada combined.

My crosshairs are on Moquegua, sitting near the edge of the tropics (tropic of capricorn 23 degrees) at 17 degrees

Moquegua's weather is generally year round, like July in Oakland, however, a bit more chilly at night and has less rainfall. Although there is not a lot of rainfall, there is an abundance of agriculture from the rivers that feed its fertile valley, hosting a number of wine producers




I would likely travel for the month of November, avoiding weekends on either end when I most often execute projects, since November is historically one of my quietest months.


In berkeley, I had been looking at getting a room in a house for $1200/month, by comparison, I could cover virtually all my expenses, flight included with the same about as rent alone in Berkeley.


I would likely do a purposely long layover in Panama city, because I've not been there before.


For this trial period,. I would live with Wendy, a lawyer for the district court I met down there and developed as increasingly stronger connection with. We're the same age, share similar interests and despite the language barrier, find ourselves often with great understanding of each other.


My days would consist of work behind my computer, taking breaks to mountain bike along the rolling hills that surround Moquegua, living domestically with Wendy spending time together and hopefully going out on the weekends together to check out sites, like Lake Titicaca.

Adventura!